This 16 CD set is an outstanding collection of inspirational talks that
introduces the life of Prophet Muhammad, the greatest human being to
walk the face of the earth. In these talks, Imam Anwar al-Awlaki,
author of the best selling series, The Lives of the Prophets,
eloquently presents the Makkan period of the Prophet’s life in a
detailed manner, deriving valuable lessons from it and thus making it
relevant to our modern times. The series is primarily based on Ibn
Kathir’s book on the Sirah. Some of the topics discussed include: The
History of the Kabah, Muhammad in the Bible, The Call to Near Kin, The
Islam of Hamzah, The Year of Grief, Lessons from the Trip to al-Taif
and much more
DOWNLOAD (17 CDS)
Description from the publisher:
From the author: “Some people think that writing this topic is writing about a topic that is from the periphery of knowledge. They approve of humans going over this topic in the quickest of fashions and not giving it too much thought. They think that the benefits that accrue from such a study are very limited. Furthermore, they believe that being ignorant of this topic is not harmful at all. However, I am not delving into something distant. Humans today spend billions of dollars with which they could build cities or countries and end poverty in the farthest reaches of the world — and, instead, they spend that money on research to discover if there is life or if life is possible on nearby planets. Scientists spend a great deal of their time and resources on such a question. What about an existence that is known to be living and thinking, and that lives right here with us on our earth? They live in our houses and they eat and drink with us. In fact, they even spoil our thoughts and our hearts. They drive us to destroy our own selves and to spill each others’ blood. No price can be put on the importance of the texts of the Qur’an and authentic hadith that have reached us, giving us knowledge of this matter. Those texts uncover for us the secrets of that existence: the world of the jinn.”
DOWNLOAD (PDF FILE)
Compiled by Imam Imaduddin Abul-Fida Ismail Ibn Kathir
Hardback 576 Pages
Published by Darussalam
Translator: Rashad Ahmad Azami
From the back cover:
In this book, the stories of the prophets have been compiled from ‘Al-Bidayah wan-Nihayah’ (The Beginning and the End) which is a great work of the famous Muslim exegete and historian Ibn Kathir and has a prominent place in the Islamic literature. The stories of the prophets and all the events in their lives have been supported by the Qur’anic Verses and the Sunnah (traditions) of the Prophet (S). Wherever it was necessary, other sources have also been reported for the sake of historical accounts, but on such places a comparative study has been made to prove the authenticity of the sources. Ibn Kathir has reproduced the views and interpretations of all the great exegetes of the Qur’an of his time. The systemic narratives of the Stories of the Prophets have been written in chronological order which renders a historical style to the book.
Allah the Most Exalted says in the Qur’an:
- “We are relating unto you the most beautiful of stories in that what We have revealed to you from the Qur’an, though before it you were from among those who were not aware of them.” ( 12:3 )
- “We have indeed sent aforetime Messengers before you, of them there are some whose stories We have related to you, and whose stories We have not related to you…” ( 40:78 )
- “We relate to you the important news of their story in truth…” ( 18:13 )
- “And all that We relate to you of these stories of the Messengers, We strengthen with them your heart. Through them there come to you the truth as well as admonition and reminder to all those who believe.” ( 11:120 )
- “There is, indeed, in their stories lessons for people endowed with understanding. It is not any invented tale, but a confirmation of what went before it, and a detailed exposition of all things, and a guide and a mercy to the people who believe.” ( 12:111 )
- “…so relate the stories, perhaps they may reflect.” ( 7:176 )
About Imam Ibn Kathir
He was Hafidh Abul Fida Ismail ibn Abi Hafs Shihabuddin Omar ibn Kathir ibn Daw ibn Kathir in Zar` the Quraishite – originally from Busra (Syria) – and raised in Damascus. He followed the Shafi`ee school of thought. Ibn Kathir was born in the year 701 AH in an area called Majdal, near Busra, west of Damascus. His father died when he was only four years old and was taken in by his brother and moved to Damascus in 706. Here, he learned from great scholars such as Ibn Asakir, Ishaq ibn Yahya al-Amudi and the great Ibn Taymiyyah who was extremely close to him. He also studied under various other sheikhs who gave him permission in fiqh and Hadith. He made many academic contributions to Islamic sciences.
Al-Hafiz Ibn hajar Al-Asqalani said,”Ibn Kathir lost his sight just before his life ended. He died in Damascus in 774A.H. May Allah grant him Mercy and make him amongst the residents of Jannah (Heavenly Garden)
The Arabic Course for English-Speaking Students is a comprehensive and popular course for the teaching of the Qu’ranic and Traditional Arabic, originally devised and taught at the renowned Madinah Islamic University catering for students from all over the world engaged in Islamic studies at the University.
The benefits of the series are:
- It is concise (consisting of only three books, reasonably short but extensive in their coverage).
- It combines modern Arabic vocabulary with Islamic terminology used in the Qu’ran and Sunnah.
- It has a consistent and effective method for teaching Arabic grammar to enable understanding of the language to a higher level.
- It contains sentences for everyday use including discussions and questions.
- It helps acquire an understanding of hundreds of Qu’ranic verses, ahadith, Arabic parables and poetry.
About the Author:
Dr V.Abdur Rahim obtained his doctorate in the Arabic language from Al-Azhar University and has taught for more than four decades. He was, for a long time, a principal lecturer of Arabic language to foreign students at Madinah Islamic University. He has combined the modern way of learning with the classical system, and applied the same style in this course in a living and vibrant language taking examples from Arabic in everyday use, and also from the Qu’ran and Hadith.
Madinah Arabic Book 1
Madinah Arabic Book 1 – English Key
Madinah Arabic Book 1 – Arabic Solutions
Madinah Arabic Book 2
Madinah Arabic Book 2 – English Key
Madinah Arabic Book 2- Arabic Solutions
Madinah Arabic Book 3
Madinah Arabic Book 3 – English Key
Madinah Arabic Book 3 – Arabic Solutions
Note : Its recommended to download all three books in every
course for proper understanding of Arabic terms and their use